Freelance WordPress, and SEO Marketing Consultant
Matt Nelson is an entrepreneur and marketing consultant specializing in creating complete marketing solutions for small businesses including Website design, Search Engine Optimization, and Social Media Marketing planning. Matt has helped multiple clients achieve top rankings on Google using a combination of good keyword research and high quality on-site Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
Matt has helped launch and market 1000’s of products and services. Since 2009, Matt has been freelance consulting with companies in a wide range of industries including startups, non profits, entrepreneurs, consultants, freelancers, and large corporate organizations.
- Entrepreneur and freelance marketing consultant based in Madison, WI specializing in Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and WordPress website design.
- Founder and director of Grow Madison, a nonprofit that taps local experts to teach hands-on technology and business building workshops.
- Co-founder and partner at Local Route Labs, an indie video game studio that produces Disc Golf Unchained, a mobile video game on Android and iOS.
- Co-founder and partner with Moov, will provide a map based platform for volunteers to find exciting opportunities with area nonprofits.
- Founding organizer of the Madison Freelancers meetup group.
- Business and marketing planning
- Website design
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google Analytics
- Facebook Ads
Matt also has experience with several e-commerce platforms including Shopify, Magento, WP-ecommerce, Marketpress, Woocommerce, and 3dCart. High proficiency with, WordPress CMS, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Adobe CS4 including Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Fireworks. He has a strong track record of reaching top rankings on search engines using ‘best practices’ Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in multiple industries and product categories.
Background and Education
- Matt Nelson earned a B.A. in Philosophy from The University of Wisconsin – Madison.
- Matt’s primary studies focused on philosophy (particularly in the philosophy of education), in addition to studies in communication, entrepreneurship, leadership, business planning and marketing.
- Matt is proud to have run several successful businesses while still in college and was able to pay for his educational expenses without taking student loans.
- Matt is an avid sailor and former sailing instructor at Hoofers Sailing Club. He also holds several U.S. Sailing certifications including Bareboat Chartering.